Why study Business?
Business degrees focus on the practical and strategic skills needed to run a business. They develop key skills in planning, analysing, organising, managing, and are focussed on servicing the commercial needs of companies.
Studying Business at undergraduate level in the UK provides a versatile option for many students because of the many career pathways and opportunities for future study at a higher level which lead on from it. As a result, it is a popular choice for would-be entrepreneurs and aspiring business leaders.
A Business degree is ideally suited to hard working and ambitions individuals with a desire to develop their project management skills. The ability to communicate effectively is key to such a course and this will be honed to meet the professional demands of the sector. Working on individual projects or as a team, you will study business “best practice” within major corporations and small companies.
Business graduates are regarded as highly employable. Having developed a detailed understanding of the sector, you will be able to work under pressure, producing high quality reports, briefings colleagues and clients and working as part of a team. Much of this will be developed during the work placements offered by many course providers.
Some graduates will have undertaken the study of Business with the specific intention of starting their own business, the ultimate challenge for any practitioner as they will put into practice all the areas and concepts that have been studied during their degree.
General employability is also a consideration and Business graduates can successfully secure careers in broader fields such as professional consultancy, Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and other managerial disciplines.
Why study in the UK?
Studying Business in the UK allows experience of working in a successful global facing market. And of course, the international language of business is English. And UK courses are exceptionally well regarded because of the depth and scope of their study.
What grades do you need to get into Business at a UK University?
In the UK, Business and related courses can be accesses with a minimum of two A levels, but top universities will require 3 very good A Levels or a very strong IB performance. Most courses do not have specific A Level / IB subject requirements, however most courses will require 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 (or equivalent) including Maths and English.
What are the top UK universities for Business?
The following top British universities are internationally renowned for the study of Business.
- City, University of London, Bayes Business School
- Durham University Business School
- Imperial College Business School
- Kings College London, Kings Business School
- London School of Economics (LSE)
- University College London (UCL), UCL School of Management
- University of Bath, School of Management
- University of Leeds, Leeds University Business School
- University of Manchester, Alliance Business School
- University of Oxford, Saïd Business School
- University of St Andrews, School of Management
- University of Warwick, Warwick Business School (WBS).
What are the top international universities for business?
- Bocconi University, Milan, Italy
- Harvard University, Cambridge, United States
- INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France
- London Business School, London, United Kingdom
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, United States
- Stanford University, United States
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), United Kingdom
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, United States
What other qualifications or experience do you need?
The elite universities really like to see you having done relevant work experience or at least a summer school. Make sure it is meaningful work such that you can incorporate your experiences into a well written Personal Statement. Some universities will require you to pass their own admissions exam and of course the elite universities will call you for an interview
Education Advisers can advise you on all these admissions issues.
Download the eguide for more advice on degree / uni choice - Click here to download
Please contact us on email@example.com (+44(0)1622 813870) to discuss how Education Advisers Ltd can support your pathway to university.